There’s something special about having a pool or deck at your Chandler City home. Comfort is often connected with these structures, but like everything else, pool decks also need maintenance like pool deck resurfacing
. Unlike other home maintenance jobs that you may be able to do yourself, pool maintenance is very delicate and should only be done by a professional. By design, your pool is one of the few components of your home that is continuously exposed to the elements. From hot summer days to cool winter nights, wear and tear are inevitable. When your pool starts to deteriorate, more than just the aesthetics are affected, the actual integrity of the pool can be at risk by such wear and tear.
When it comes to remodeling or rebuilding a pool, many homeowners postpone the task fearing the cost that goes with such a renovation. This notion is understandable and rebuilding a pool can be very costly. An effective way to ensure your pool lasts as long as possible without needing major repair is to invest in regular maintenance. Adhering to a fixed maintenance schedule is extremely important for increasing the lifespan of your investment.
Considering all the parts of your pool, the plastering is one of the most critical aspects that requires constant attention. When exposed to drastic changes in temperature, plaster can begin to crack. This is true even with the most expensive water-resistant coating as all types of plasters have a lifespan. Although you may not mind a few cracks in your pool, remember that these cracks are an indication of something serious happening underneath. When cracks start to appear, the concrete underneath is vulnerable, which means the integrity of your pool is compromised. Don’t let a minor issue become a huge problem! Let the us, a business that provides the best pool plastering service
, help you.
Small cracks in your pool may be challenging to detect. Because they are always covered by water, some homeowners wonder how to tell when it’s time to call Chandler Pool Resurfacing & Plastering for an inspection. Here are a few signs and symptoms that you need to watch out for to help you determine when to give us a call.
- The life of your pool. Plaster finishes have an expected lifespan of about 7 to 10 years depending on the material used. If your pool is nearly a decade old and has never been plastered, now is the right time to call the experts at Chandler Pool Resurfacing.
- Noticeable stains on the pool surface. Often, homeowners assume that these stains are dirt that the pool cleaner can’t get rid of. While this may be true, there’s also the possibility that mineral deposits are causing the stains. If this is the case, no matter how much your cleaner scrubs and tries to wash away the stain, they will remain. In most cases, mineral stains are caused by the type of water we have here in Arizona. Mineral deposits include copper, manganese, and iron; these are very difficult to remove. Even acids and industrial chemicals won’t get rid of them and, in fact, may make matters worse. If you notice such stubborn stains, give us a call.
- Rough patches. These patches are often visible around the corners of the pool where the surface has become uneven or gritty. Rough patches put you and your family at a higher risk of injury as falling on them can be painful. Another reason why rough patches are dangerous is that they welcome algae and bacteria growth which is harmful to your pool. If you see algae appear, no cleaning job will be able to get rid of it, so it’s best to stop the growth in the first place.
- Bare Patches. These are far easier to recognize compared to regular stains and are a sure sign that it’s time to call Chandler Pool Resurfacing. Bare patches are a sign that the rebar, gunite, or shotcrete in the pool’s structure have severely oxidized, causing them to be visible. It also means that the plaster that’s supposed to cover them has worn down and needs to be redone.
- Visible decay. As plaster ages, it doesn’t appear very interesting and loses its luster. You’ll also notice more visible cracks and stains which make your pool look old. If this is true in your case, it’s best to get a quote for replastering before things get worse. Although the pool’s structure may still be intact, these visible signs of deterioration should not be ignored, especially if you plan to sell or rent your home shortly.
These are five of the most common issues that homeowners should look out for. It’s also good to remember that in many cases, minor issues may be caused by more severe problems in your water system. Since each pool is different, our team carefully analyzes the history of your pool and offers the best solutions.
Give us a call, and we’ll schedule an inspection right away. Once we’ve inspected your pool, we’ll provide you with a free no-obligation quote. Our experienced pool experts will consult with you and discuss the most budget-friendly, reasonable solution for your pool. Of course, appearance matters, and we’ll do our part to offer you a solution that enhances the aesthetics of your pool. Our company serves all of Chandler City and areas nearby and you can also search for us on Google!